21 April 2009

stroke of brilliance

So I got a new bike a couple weeks ago. Clint Eastwood. 'Spose I'll have some pictures of the handsome fella up soon. I just need to a do a little more work on the paint.

Anyways, so Mr.Eastwood has quite the cushy seat. But the cushy seat soaks up a lot of water. Now, I love having a nice, plump, soft place to rest my tush. I really do -- especially when I'm riding my bike twenty-plus miles up the north shore. I do not, however, enjoy having no overhang to park my bike under when I'm at school. Soggy seat. Soggy seat that makes my tush drippy when I stand up.

And here is where I am a bit vain. I have seen people with plastic Foodland bags over their bike cushions, and thought "Oh gee. Ghetto island at it again." But now I know that those people are placing that plastic as sog protection. As much as I love all the trashy (get it? anyone else use those bags to line your trash cans? hmm hmm?) little quirks of living in this place, I just don't like riding with the white filmly bag and mossy green Foodland emblem displayed across my rear.

And then it hit me: a shower cap.

I am getting one tomorrow.

5 comments:

Tingler said...

shower cap. hmm. I was originally thinking of Stretch-tile? hmm. As some people call the bike seats "saddles"(since if you ride on those good bikes you aren't really sitting on it with your butt, okay, nevermind) my saddle on my bike, doesn't tend to soak up anything(thats how I survived hawaii with out getting by butt wet all the time)

Anna Banana said...

brilliance, like you said.
but, more importantly, may I have your address?

OH...no particular reason... (sneaky sneaky)

alyssa said...

bahahahahaha.
pure genius.
i have foodland displayed across MY rear.

little miss erika said...

well ting, i do love my cushy seat though. and i like to sit on my butt when i ride my bike.

my cruiser is for joy, not necessariy for utility. if that makes sense.

Nina: sending it to you shortly you sneaky sneakerling

Alyssa: remember the time you were a maikai card?

Tingler said...

I totally agree what you said that it's for enjoy. I admit that I often get annoyed by the numbness my bikes saddle creates on a long ride. I miss the old days when I was enjoying the ride more than thinking how the bike can save me time and things. Do you have a time machine?