01 January 2009

so this is the new year

"Today really didn't feel any different...You know, with the new year and all...I always wanted to be in Times Square on New Year's Eve. Times Square looks just like any other place -- but not on New Year's Eve. I suppose I'll never make it there, and they'll just keep on without me."

Talking with Gram tonight made me both a little melancholy and a little frightened. If there's any great epiphany I've had this past year, it's how terrified I am to grow old.

Part of me is tempted to retrace this past year, to analyze my highs and lows, to chart my growth. But you know what? What's done is done.

Today is Thursday. A day past Wednesday and one before Friday. There is only one Thursday each week. Today's Thursday also happens to be the only Thursday, January 1, 2009 there ever was or ever will be.

What else is there to say about it?

Oh, and today also just happens to be the start of a new year. So, get to it, and make it a good one.

2 comments:

alyssa said...

i agree with it all
today is a day, and i want to stay young

and i'm loving the new blog name :)

Tingler said...

I agree with no disagree.

it's gonna be new. although there's only a one day difference.

hmm. it also mean that I know you for two years.(if you just don't count in the month... )

not bad at all.