10 January 2009

all this talk about mr.button

You know, I came in very excited to see this movie. And I was disappointed.

I didn't like it. At all.


I thought the characters were boring and quite the opposite of captivating. Daisy was just kinda crazy and weird and Benjamin (as handsome as Brad Pitt is) was bland.

I thought the acting was okay -- Brad Pitt was quite amazing, but the rest of the cast was really so/so.

The concept was creative and I did like that the movie pushed some taboos, but really?

It didn't do anything for me.

I didn't feel any more or less anything. I wasn't attached to the characters or what happened to them.


Nothing particularly impressed me about it -- other than the whole aging and deaging effects.
I kinda felt like the bad guy when we left the theatre; everyone else was ranting about how wonderful it was...blah blah blah. Oh well.

Anybody else see it yet?

1 comment:

Wareing Cannon said...

THANK YOU! I enjoyed the first half, all the way up until he hit mid 20s...then the film lost all charm and spiraled into an hour and a half long crash. First half = B; second half = D-

I'm glad someone else is intelligent.