03 July 2008

we are in the perfect place for being us right now

Lauren said that the other morning when we were hiking. Lauren, Brittany, and I wandered back into the mountains, through some fields, up the mountain, and into a tree house. A very comfortable and very amazing tree house. But that's beside the point.
The point is, she's right. I am in the perfect place for me to be me. I have good friends, a great life. Plenty of superb opportunities. Life is good.
Yesterday Mark was talking about luck and opportunity. Good luck is being prepared so we can grab hold of opportunities that come our way.
Do whatchoo gotta do, and good things be a comin' yo way.

Anywho:
My car is finally legal. That only took about a month and way too much money. I am, however, a master stick shift driver. Ask me for a ride. You won't regret it. I've missed driving so much. Getting a car was a great choice. Putting on a good cd, rolling down the windows, and imagining closing my eyes and enjoying the warm summer air (I couldn't actually close my eyes driving, could I) is one of the greatest feelings. I just love my thinking time in the car.
There are few things I enjoy more than a cool glass of water, a beautiful drive, and a cozy cuddly afternoon nap.
Oh, and chocolate milk.

2 comments:

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

Hmmm Erika, I couldn't agree more with what you said in this post. I am so pleased to be in Hawaii and opportunity is golden. Plus, I love riding in the car in Hawaii with the windows down and some good music playing. Viva Hawaii!

Kelsey said...

FRIKKKAAA I miss you!