18 July 2008

life is what it is, not what it was

Adventure. Fun. Glory. Laughs. NO STOPPIN'!

Such is life joined with Eesh, Ang, and Mak. Yesterday was no exception, we had plans, goals, things to do! This is life and we are here to live it.

And then it rained.

Robbie came over to play. We glanced at the cloudy sky, brushed our windy hair from our faces, and said "No, Mother Earth. We are going to play!" Five minutes later, the drip drops began drip dropping more coldly and swiftly -- chasing us home. "No," said Mother Earth, "you are not. Today is not your day."

We set our soaked towels and bodies inside. Robbie looked out with longing eyes. "I want to dance in the rain!" And with that, he ran onto the patio, shaking and grooving between those life-giving splatters. A giggle, a childish gleeful giggle, escaped my mouth. Eeesh and I ran out to join him. I kicked my legs and flailed my arms, swaying my hips, closing my eyes as I whipped around my head. Each raindrop kissed my skin, leaving me cool energy. We laughed and screamed, stuck out our tongues, and behaved wildly. Cars drove by on Kam hwy. Drivers curiously looked out their window. Someone might have honked.

Ang had her headphones on and was singing "Come What May" at the top of her lungs. We all joined in. All different pitches, all different tunes, different words. Same song. Same love. Same rain. So good. Then she plugged the ipod into speakers and we blared music. Stomping, leaping, twirling. Wet wet wet. We laid on the deck and let the water soak in us and around us. We rolled and skipped.

Drip drop. Splat. "Oh dear Mother, thank you for this rain!"

No comments: