26 June 2008

i can grow flowers where dirt used to be

I'm terribly bored at the moment.
Summer has brought more free time -- at home and at work. Summer has brought me sunny days to work on my tan and a calm ocean to cool my skin. Smoothies, lemonade, lots of watermelon. Movie nights. Long jogs. Great books.
I am only about a week in and I am ready for things to pick up again.

Thank goodness I will start my internet classes soon. I'm not looking forward to Biology or History, but I am looking forward to being done with them.

Last night we had a Christmas party. That was great. I feel like we have to start calling our hang out times "parties" and give them certain themes just to get by. I love Laie, but there is just not much to do.

I do, however, like that I have time to cook and to plan out my meals. I like eating balancedly. Hmm. That should be an adverb but I don't know you can change that into an adverb. I have been writing an English Skills Assessment test all morning and my brain is starting to pick at itself -- analyzing its own grammatical structures and word choices, comma placements, and style. Dear Brain, please stop.

I just wished I like vegetables. But I read a research paper about that: picky eaters. I can't help it. It's genetic. Thanks Mom and Dad.

I bought a pattern and some fabric. I am going to sew a dress.

I think by now I am so used to being busy that I don't know how to really relax and enjoy my summer. I'll put that on my list, too.

1 comment:

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

Erika, I told you I would remember your blog address! I like to cook too, so I'm glad you are finding more time to cook. Hawaii is beautiful. By the way, my first name is David but I go by Wallace, hence my blog name is David.