05 February 2012

healthy decisions

Since my word for the year is HEALTH, I have been trying to make the healthy choice in every thing I do:
  • Quitting my current part-time job in order to spend more time at the museum for my internship and to focus on school. Even though this is causing some complications, it is more important for me to focus on the things that will lead me to a fulfilling career.
  • Going to the laundromat on Saturday afternoon instead of staying home in my pajamas all day. Clean clothes, sheets, and towels just feels better.
  • Cutting my hair even though I really want it to be long and beautiful. Hair needs to be cut and trimmed to keep it healthy. Length will come in time, but I do need to make sure I am taking care of my hair first.
  • Not eating pixie sticks for dinner even though I really want to. Sometimes when I get really stressed out, all I want to eat is cereal and candy. Travis made me food the other night because he knew I was just going to have cereal for dinner. It is better for me to eat REAL food and healthy food when I am stressed out. Those pixie sticks might make my heart feel a little better, but better food will put me physically and mentally more at ease.
  • Packing up the apartment little by little now, because it will save my sanity in three weeks. 
I thought I was going to just trim my hair, but then I ended up cutting off a few inches and trying a new style. Trying new things can give you a healthy does of perspective and a fresh point of view!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erika, you "betrayed" me by cutting your hair and looking all beautiful with your new hair. Now. I want to cut my hair as well!! J/K. I am happy that you are not being too hard on yourself and choosing to be happy! that's the way to go!! love!

collette charles said...

healthy!! you are soooooo beautiful. i am staring at you FO'EVA! glad travis helps you eat. i also would rather eat cereal and chocolate raisins than food. whywhywhywhywhywhywhy do we have to eat? it's just annoying. but you are great.