15 June 2009

it's love, not santa claus

I am wasting time this morning.

Usually (well, "usual" as last week) by this time I have read my scriptures, eaten breakfast, laid around, exercised, and am on my way to shower.

Today I have yet to leave my bed (besides the trip to the kitchen to bring my breakfast back to bed).

Maybe I'm just basking in the fact that it is summer. Maybe I am finally catching up on all the sleep I missed and my body is relishing the soft bed, cool fan, and warm sun. Maybe I just love the contentness radiating from the pit of my belly as I revel in all of the possibility and anticipation building in the clouds and the blue sky. Maybe I just love the way summer makes me feel like a kid again -- full of energy and excitement and in awe of the simplest things. Maybe the key is to surround myself with people who give me the summer-effect -- thank goodness I already have amazing friends who do that for me.

Maybe I just can't get enough of this blog: le love or this one: rockstar diaries
I've followed them both for months upon months. What can I say, I'm a hopeless romantic.

As much as I complain about how everyone I know is getting married, I couldn't be happier. Maybe I just love seeing people in love. That spark is contagious! I love the peace and utter glee that just oozes from lovely lovers of loving love (Aquabats, anyone?).

Maybe I really want to see this movie:


Maybe because I've been a sucker for Joseph Gordon-Levitt since 3rd Rock from the Sun, and I can't get enough of a man in a sweater vest. And maybe I have a girl crush on Zooey Deschanel. And I may also happen to love The Smiths and Regina Spektor. And Sundance. Sun. Dance.

Maybe I just love summer. And maybe I just love love (or the idea of love?).

And maybe it's time to get out of bed.

1 comment:

sophie said...

i want to see that. now.