16 June 2009

the dicks



So at first I meant for this post to be an ode to real life freckles, but somewhere along the line it turned into an ode to my dear sweet family. So here's some random photos I found on my hard drive and a few little tidbits about the fambam. Meet the Dicks:

oh. that's me. this was originally in here because it showcases a few of my frecklies that have pretty much disappeared since the hawaiian sun kissed my skin. See?
Next is Nicole:
Nicole is such a ham. This was taken the summer before my senior year of high school -- so it's a bit old -- but this encapsulates Princess Nicole Marie. She's a lady, alright! And she will sure let you know it! She's the sweetest soul and is going to make an incredible mother; she mothers everyone and everything, always has. Just be careful when she bakes cookies for you. One disaster batch (with 1/4 c. of salt) has become the family joke.

This is Danielle! She's the goofiest of the bunch. She's super smart, super motivated, and super loud. Danielle brings a whole new energy level when she comes home. Even though neither of us can remember one another until her senior year of high school (it's weird), we've been super close ever since then. Danielle always says I'm the smart one, Nicole is the sweet one, and she is the one who farts on command. I think that pretty much sums her up.

And here's my Mama, Mary Lu:
Isn't she lovely? My mother is one of the most fascinating individuals I have ever met. You'd think I'd have her figured out after spending months in her belly and the next 18 years under her roof, but she is always surprising me. She is the young actress/dancer/cheerleader turned parole officer/prison inmate counselor/state penitentiary treatment director. Pretty intense. But she's so goofy and sarcastic and loves adventure novels from African safaris and she knows anything and everything about mountain climbing. She exercises all the time but can still enjoy a pan of brownies on Sunday evening. She takes pleasure in small delights and loves learning new things. She's always giving away what she has. She loves everyone so much! And she's just as lovely now as when she was young.
Oh Papa. Meet Jim. James. This is the man who gave me my eyes, nose, lips, ears, hands and feet (i know that sounds weird, but my dad has great feet! and ours match almost perfectly...mine being more feminine though of course), and my sense of humor. He is the youngest soul I've ever met. And as equally fascinating as my mother. He is the high school and college sports star turned art major/teacher/principal/superintendent. My dad loves kids so much. He is such a kid! He is one of the most well-balanced individuals I've ever met and he never stops learning. He can go from watching three hours of football to watching a musical and crying shamelessly. He reads books and then breaks out the power tools. And he's got the biggest, kindest heart. He's always worrying about so-and-so and just wants everyone to be happy.

Aren't they just the cutest? They are so in love.

bahhahah! oh nicole! her crazy curls and big glasses. so great!

and danielle the dancer.

check out that feast! no wonder my dad looks so sleepy/happy.

Mary Lu and Danielle
oh easter morning photos.

who is that cool cat?

what a fox, mom!
oh fambam. i will see you in five weeks!

5 comments:

Tingler said...

beautiful family.

Tingler said...

woah your dad is wearing a bucks bunny!

Tingler said...

bucks bunny tie!

alyssa said...

i have the most beautiful friend and she has the most beautiful fambwy

Austin Lee said...

haha I love this post, super fun. AND I love you too! I hope all is well!