30 October 2008

open up

i finally finalized my schedule for next semester. anyone want to take a night art class with me on thursdays? also looking forward to world music cultures and postcolonial lit and film.

in other news:

i just found out a good friend was hit by a car a couple weeks ago...and i had no idea! hearing this made me realize how much i've been absorbed in myself lately. there are so many people around me struggling and stressing, and getting hit by cars! goodness, where are my eyes looking and where is my heart?!

a boy from my hometown was killed yesterday. maybe two. others injured. the community is torn apart. people may die every day, but people do not die every day in dayton, ia.




my stresses don't feel like such a big deal when i come up for air. maybe i should come up for air a little more often.


anyways, what i really wanted to say was, please remember those around you. there are people who love you and people who need your love. don't hold back, give it freely. what do you have to lose?

No comments: