18 September 2008

hoopla

Today in Narratives, Culture, and Identity, we discussed personal narratives and the family novel. I feel so strange after class. I feel so drained of excess energy, and well, excess everything. Now I don't carry any extra weight, but I don't feel light either. I feel like I poured my self out into a glass and watched the densest parts sink and the others rise. At the end of class, I drank my self again, every bit sliding back into it's proper place.

But if I'm used to living and thinking and feeling and being the way I was before, how do I adjust? I've never felt things in their proper place, and I feel I should act differently now. I am different now.


I'm just learning a lot. I've got theory coming out my earballs. Poetries, philosophies, histories, spiritualities, mysteries, peripheries (okay so I kinda just threw the last couple on there for fun) lining all of my insides, and coming in, sliding down, circling around, and going back out a little strangely. Strange in a good way. I think.

Hoopla.

I am Erika, and I have spoken.

2 comments:

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

Erika Dick,
I love learning. I love figuring things out and expereiencing new things. I might gripe about it, but school really is great. I miss Hawai'i so much, although the BYUH summer termers are showing strong in Provo. I hang out with Brittany nearly everyday. Aloha!
-Wallace

alyssa said...

yes please can we be blog friends!

this is every bit as cute and interesting as you!