14 March 2012

working it out

Today was a rare day off from both the museum and school.

So I slept in until 11:30, cruised the internet until 1:00, showered, then spent until 5:30 doing homework while Hulu played in the background.

Then I skyped with a dear dear friend until it was time to head to the gym.

You see, this whole "health" thing has inspired me to get to the gym. I can get a discount through Travis, and my membership comes with free classes. So tonight I was going to begin my exercise hiatus with a barre class. When I told my friend this, she told me to be prepared because it would be tough. And then I got scared and wanted to just stay home and keep skyping instead.

BUT

I went to the gym anyways. Where I ran into the membership advisor who said my pass wouldn't start until tomorrow. I could still use the equipment if I wanted though. Then I realized I had no idea where the class was anyways so I just came back home. I decided I would go back to the gym later to run.

And now I'm talking to family and an old roommate - both of which I have not spoken to in months.
And I think missing class tonight is working out just fine.


No comments: