24 September 2010

six things

Well, after graduating college, spending a third of my savings on rent while I tried to find a job, finding a part-time job at an intermediate school, not working all summer, going to Canada, going to Iowa (with Trav!), coming home and still not finding a full-time job and returning to the intermediate school, getting accepted into a grad program and deciding not to go, I have come to a few conclusions:

1. I don't really want a full-time job right now. I just want to save money. This can be done in other ways besides stressing myself out over a job I can't find.

2. Having free time is really nice. Getting bored is a sign of my laziness, and I should cherish this time to do what I please.

3. I don't want to go to grad school.

4. I want to go to Korea.

5. I want to go to culinary art school, specifically, this one.

6. I am interested in a lot of things, but not particularly passionate about much besides my family, Travis, purikura, Korean drama, and Harry Potter. Surprisingly (or not surprisingly, depending on who you are), I love baking. I am passionate about baking. For days I have been reading a recipe book Trav bought me just for fun whenever I have a free minute. I dream about cake pops and chocolate pumpkin bars and the perfect ganache. Baking has always been my release. It relieves my stress, provides an outlet for my creativity, allows me to give to others, and it is delicious and makes me feel very satisfied and happy. I want to be a baker.

4 comments:

Tingler said...

oh boy...... this is going to end up pretty yummy(Drool.........)

collette charles said...

:) harry potter you're a babybaker. and not a baker that eats babies either.

David's Holla Atchya! Blog said...

Way to identify what will make you happy and then going for it! Many people would be wise to follow your counsel.
P.S. Collette's comments creeps convincingly.

Alicia said...

Fricka!!! You are so cute. Your blog is adorable. I got it from Laur. Send me an email, aliciahughes7@gmail.com and i will invite you to mine!