14 December 2008

since i've been home

After over 24 hours of travel, I finally made it home.

::One of our cats pooped in a house plant. My dad yelled at him.

::Said cat peed in said father's shoe. (Not an accident!)

::Walked across to Grandmother's house. Dog almost attacked a
possum, who then almost attacked him. Without my glasses, I wandered
over to see the hubbub and almost bent down to pet the "cat"
when it turned and hissed at me with its gloriously hideous face.

::Wished Gram a happy birthday.

::Dad took the dog home. As he turned to leave, Mom
said "Wait." Dad: "Yes?" Mom: "Watch out for the oh-possum.
And whatever you do, Jim, do not let him in the house.
Even if he begs or offers you a treat. Listen to me!!
Leave the oh-possum outside!" Dad hung his head,
looking a little dejected. "Yes, Mary."

::Went to my home ward. Love it so much.

::The temperature dropped almost 30 degrees during church.
Dad didn't wear a coat to church (why? who knows)
and "found" one to wear home. He also "found" a
nice new coat jacket that he decided to put on and wear home.

::Came home and had lunch. Fatty the Cat came
charging into the living room and our dog scolded him
for running in the house. As soon as said dog left the room,
said cat came charging full speed, took a running leap onto
our Christmas tree, successfully knocked it over, and broke
a few ornaments. Dad said: "Sure, when the cat peed in my
shoe it was funny, but when he breaks an ornament, Mom is
ready to sent him to the vet!"

::Dad decided to go put gas in the car and wash it
before we pick my sister up from the airport.
He opened the closet to grab his coat and Mom
and I said goodbye. A few seconds later we heard some bustle.
My dad put on snow pants, a coat, and his snow suit, a glove,
hat, mask, and mittens. "Bundle up Dad, have fun!"
I turned to my Mom to ask her what Dad's doing
and she just looked at him like he's an idiot,
rolled her eyes, and shrugged to my question.


It's been less than 24 hours and it's already a bit chaotic. And my sisters aren't even home yet.
I can't wait.


Oh, and my cat's name is Slyvester. Slyvester Winterlake.

2 comments:

Tingler said...

fun dad. even funnier cat. oh I love your family.

little miss erika said...

oh my goodness. please make a trip to iowa some day. this isn't even a fraction of it....

i'm pretty sure our pets have just as much, if not more, personality than the humans in my family. it is pretty ridiculous